LESSONS, CLASSES AND ADVENTURE TOURS
Learn to Paddle – Call (831) 464-7467 to book a lesson and a board!
- Our SUP (stand up paddleboard) classes are small and intimate, with no more than 6 students per class — in keeping with Santa Cruz Harbor regulations
- Receive individual attention and instruction on how to stand up on a board and paddle correctly
- Beginner lessons start in the calm waters of the harbor as students become comfortable with their boards
- Inspire the curiosity of harbor seals, pelicans and sea otters! Graduate to the open water for a more challenging workout
- Please show up 15 minutes earlier than the 9am lesson time to sign in
- All lessons start promptly at 9am, if late by more than 5 minutes we will reschedule you to the next available lesson date
Weekday – $55 per person & Weekend – $59 per person
- 90-minute classes Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday at 9am
- For groups of 3 – 6 students
- The first hour includes SUP basics, and the instructor will paddle with you to monitor strokes and provide guidance on improving strokes, overall technique and speed; the last 30 minutes is on your own (or sooner, if you demonstrate proficiency)
- Tour of the Santa Cruz Harbor the instructor will point out areas of interest and also areas where stand up paddlers are not allowed to enter. (Which is a must for all first time paddlers at the Santa Cruz Harbor).
- Free 1/2 paddle with lesson if not too tired where new paddlers can confidently paddle to the lighthouse practicing their strokes.
DISCOVER SUP LESSON – $45 per person
- Ideal introductory stand up paddle lesson for people that are coordinated, athletic and have had previous surfing and canoeing experience.
- Our instructors with show you the correct stand up paddle strokes, place to stand on the board and also how to manage your SUP board on the Santa Cruz Harbor waters.
- Great for those looking for a refresher lesson that have not paddled in the last six months or on the Santa Cruz Harbor waters.
- Flexible and can design the tuition to your level of ability.
PRIVATE LESSON — from $75 per person
- For 1-2 people
- Weekday – $75
- Weekend – $85
- Can be scheduled throughout the day
STAND UP PADDLE TOURS AND ADVANCED CLASSES!
2 hour guided tours — $55 per person — for those who already know how to paddle confidently on the ocean water. If you have not paddled within the last 6 months we recommend taking a refresher class to get your sea legs back.
Santa Cruz Harbor
- Offered daily, weather permitting — call (831) 464-7467 to schedule
- Instructors will guide you around the Harbor, highlighting noteworthy boats and landmarks, including the iconic Walton Lighthouse
Santa Cruz Wharf – Advanced SUP Ocean Class
Santa Cruz Wharf Tour
- Offered Monday, Friday and Sunday at 9am, depending on weather, tides and surf conditions — call (831) 464-7467 to schedule
- NOTE: Previous SUP experience required; not for first-time paddlers. Must have taken The Shack Beginner Lesson or skills test
- Instructors will lead you to the Santa Cruz Wharf, a great place to encounter sea lions and other aquatic wildlife
- Group size 1 – 4 people
Early Morning and Sunset Tours
- Begin your day on the water, or close out the day with a beautiful sunset paddle
- During summer hours, meet at the Shack at 8am, and we paddle either in the Santa Cruz Harbor or out on the Ocean if the waters are calm and not too foggy.
- Sunset Tours meet at 5pm at The Shack and we can watch the sunset over the Santa Cruz Wharf and the moonrise over Capitola. This is Trudie’s favorite time of the day to enjoy the calm Pacific Ocean and often enjoys the company of dolphins, sea lions and pelicans.
Ask us about our Scavenger Hunt!!
All reservations require a credit card to hold your board, and for two or more board reservations we require a $20 deposit. This deposit will be deducted from your total cost. Any bookings cancelled within a 24 hour period will be charged in full at the time of reservation.
We require a 48 hour cancellation notice on any reservation.