LESSONS, CLASSES AND ADVENTURE TOURS
Learn to Paddle – Call (831) 464-7467 to book a lesson and a board!
- Our SUP (stand up paddleboard) classes are small and intimate, with no more than 6 students per class — in keeping with Santa Cruz Harbor regulations
- Receive individual attention and instruction on how to stand up on a board and paddle correctly
- Beginner lessons start in the calm waters of the harbor as students become comfortable with their boards
- Inspire the curiosity of harbor seals, pelicans and sea otters! Graduate to the open water for a more challenging workout
GROUP LESSON — $59 per person
- 90-minute class at Monday, Tuesday and Sunday at 10am
- For groups of 3 – 6 students
- The first hour includes SUP basics, and the instructor will paddle with you to monitor strokes and provide guidance on improving strokes, overall technique and speed; the last 30 minutes is on your own (or sooner, if you demonstrate proficiency)
- Tour of the Santa Cruz Harbor the instructor will point out areas of interest and also areas where stand up paddlers are not allowed to enter. (Which is a must for all first time paddlers at the Santa Cruz Harbor).
- Free 1/2 paddle with lesson if not too tired where new paddlers can confidently paddle to the lighthouse practicing their strokes.
PRIVATE LESSON — $60 – $80 per person
- For 1-2 people
- One hour: $60 per person
- 90 minutes: $80 per person
- Can be scheduled throughout the day
STAND UP PADDLE TOURS AND ADVANCED CLASSES!
2 hour guided tours — $55 per person — for those who already know how to paddle confidently on the ocean water. If you have not paddled within the last 6 months we recommend taking a refresher class to get your sea legs back.
Santa Cruz Harbor
- Offered daily — call (831) 464-7467 to schedule
- Instructors will guide you around the Harbor, highlighting noteworthy boats and landmarks, including the iconic Walton Lighthouse
Santa Cruz Wharf – Advanced SUP Ocean Class
- Offered Monday, Friday and Sunday at 9am, depending on weather, tides and surf conditions — call (831) 464-7467 to schedule
- NOTE: Previous SUP experience required; not for first-time paddlers. Must have taken The Shack Beginner Lesson or skills test
- Instructors will lead you to the Santa Cruz Wharf, a great place to encounter sea lions and other aquatic wildlife
- Group size 1 – 4 people
Early morning work and Sunset Tours
- Begin your day on the water, or close out the day with a beautiful sunset paddle
- Meet at the Shack at 9am, in the summer hours we will meet at 8am, and we paddle either in the Santa Cruz Harbor or out on the Ocean if the waters are calm and not too foggy.
- Sunset Tours meet at 5pm at The Shack and we can watch the sunset over the Santa Cruz Wharf and the moonrise over Capitola. This is Trudie’s favorite time of the day to enjoy the calm Pacific Ocean and often enjoys the company of dolphins, sea lions and pelicans.
Ask us about our Scavenger Hunt!!
All reservations require a credit card to hold your board, for two or more board reservations we require a $20 deposit. This deposit will be deducted from your total cost. Any bookings within a 24 hour period will be charged in full at the time of reservation.
We require a 48 hour cancellation notice on any reservation.
Call 841 464 7467 to book your ocean adventures.